Saturday, December 24, 2011

Can I use VPN to access my computer at home?

Can I setup my desktop PC as a VPN server to access my shared folders from a remote location using my laptop PC? Both PCs are running Windows XP Pro. Is there any other free and secure alternative to this?|||A free and excellent solution is logmein.com. It's an encrypted, secure connection that allows you to take over your pc remotely. An upgraded plus version requires $$, but will allow even more flexiblity. The free version does not allow shared folders or data transfers, but you can get around this by using email, yahoo briefcase, etc. This solution works behind firewalls and routers.|||hamachi is a great vpn (free) tool that i use to do exactly what you want to do. go to hamachi.com (maybe .org) and download the software and have it run constantly on your desktop...gl

No comments:

Post a Comment