Saturday, December 24, 2011

Is Windows XP Professional required to run a VPN?

I have windows home addition and I can't get my VPN to work. I know that it is set up correctly. If I need it does anyone know where I can get an relatively inexpensive upgrade rather quickly?|||I've used the personal VPN by Surfbouncer on XP home many times and there was no problem. I don't' know what VPN you are using but it's not XP home causing the problem.





http://www.surfbouncer.com|||i don't know what vpn you are using but openvpn doesn't require a particular version of windows so you won't need an upgrade.|||You cannot do networking with home edition. You will need to update to pro, etc.|||windows xp home edition cannot run a VPN because it has no networking capabilities. only the pro edition has it.|||I was able to set up a Windows VPN using XP home. However it is not terribly reliable. I would recommend a product/service called Hamachi from a Log Me In Inc. It is an excellent zero configuration VPN, free for home use but they do charge for commercial use. I use their remote control product, Logmein, extensively. It too is free and an excellent remote control product. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment