Friday, December 16, 2011

How do I VPN to my home pc over any random internet connection on my laptop?

I have a Hp Laptop running Microsoft Professional Service Pack 2, Home edition on my Desktop. I have high speed internet, and want to vpn to my home network over any random internet I can pick up. How do I do this? I have a static Ip address from my ISP and my ip address on my LAN never changes. How do I restrict access to my home network over vpn to only my laptop MAC address?|||Howstuffworks "How Virtual Private Networks Work"How can your offices in Milan, Paris and San Francisco maintain fast, secure and reliable communications with the main office and each other?


computer.howstuffworks.com/vpn.htm - 57k - Cached - Similar pages





OpenVPN - An Open Source SSL VPN Solution by James YonanSSL/TLS based user-space VPN. Supports Linux, Solaris, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Mac OS X, and Windows 2000/XP.


openvpn.net/ - 22k - Cached - Similar pages|||You need additional software to do this. My recommendation is PCAnywhere. I suppose if I'm going to give you a really thorough answer, I should qualify that by saying that theoretically you *could* *possibly* set up your own VPN system, but it is technically and costly prohibitive. You can get PCAnywhere for about $15-$30 if you shop around. And it's super easy to set up and has built-in security that is generally adequate for personal use.

No comments:

Post a Comment