Monday, December 19, 2011

How can I stop a VPN connection error 800?

I’m trying to connect my Netbook to my home network. Instead of connecting, I get this message: “VPN connection error 800: Unable to establish connection.” This hasn’t been a problem before. Is this because I’m using a new router? I just bought a new one about the time this started.|||Actually, since your router is new, it's probably working fine (but give it some time…). This error message is pretty much meant to tell you that the firmware on your router is out of date, but if it’s new, then theoretically, the manufacturer’s still supporting it.





One thing you could try is resetting the router. Normally, if you do this, it will download the latest firmware for it. If this doesn’t work, then your Netbook has some registry problems.





Registry issues are common for Windows users. Most of the time when this happens, people think their computer is just getting old and replace it.





What actually should be happening is that you should use a registry maintenance program to clean up your registry. You can extend the practical life of your computer a long time this way.





Basically your registry files can get worn out, out of date or lost. Registry clutter contributes a great deal to slow system performance and errors. It can even build up until your computer crashes altogether.





My favorite registry cleaner is right here: http://optimize-your-pc.com/regcure/repairing_errors.php. They're offering free scans right now so it's not like you've got anything to loose. It's helped me speed up my computer when I had registry problems, plus it makes it easy to clean out your temp files (which build up after a while and can really slow things down).|||Typically we have seen this because of GRE drop if firewall is off. If that


is not the case then please provide the RAS LOGd to figure out the actual


issue. To turn on the logs, do the following...





1) netsh ras set trac * en


Make the attempt


2) netsh ras set trac * dis

No comments:

Post a Comment