Saturday, December 24, 2011

I am able to connect to a VPN Network, but lose my general internet connection. How can I fix this?

I think this has something to do with a setting in the gateway or DNS. I am not sure how to configure this. I am able to use another computer through the same router to connect, so I know its not that. Also, I am able to browse the internet fine after VPN has been shut down. Please Help!|||Right click on the VPN connector in your network connections, click properties. Then click on the networking tab, then click on TCP/IP settings. Once there you should be able to click the ADVANCED tab under that you will find a check box on the "General" tab that says


"use default gateway on remote network"


If the remote network does not supply internet access, uncheck the box and your local gateway will then be used.


That is in XP, Vista is similar just different way to get there since I dont have Vista handy I can only give you XP.|||FOR VISTA 64 BIT


best answer is correct but unfortunatly for us vista users its slow and does not connect easily

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment