Monday, December 19, 2011

What are the prerequisites of a Virtual Private Network? How do I actually go about installating a VPN?

If I don't have a fixed IP address, can I still install a VPN? I have website via a web hosting company. To run a WAN application, do I have to install the shared files at the website?|||How stuff works has a good article describing the basics of how Virtual Private Networks work. Basically you need to get yourself a router, once you have selected one you follow the directions that come with the router and set it up to share your connection to the internet with all computers in the house and then set up your computers to see each other.





It is not as difficult as it sounds, and the router directions are fairly simple.





Good luck :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment